|Vacation Packages||ver todas|
Smoked salted Herring
• 8 oz smoked herring fillets
• 2 Tbsp oil
• 1/2 cup diced onions
• 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
• Minced hot pepper to taste
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1 Tbsp minced thyme
• 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
• 2 green onions sliced thinly - white and green parts
1. Add the smoked herring filets to a sauce pan with water, cover and bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and drain thoroughly. When cool enough to handle, chop fish into tiny pieces and set aside.
2. Add oil to a skillet and heat.
3. Toss in onions and saute until translucent.
4. Add tomatoes, pepper, garlic and thyme and continue to saute for a minute.
5. Add fish and toss to mix, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and green onions; remove from heat. Serve immediately or at room temperature.